Deadline: 16 December 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Research & Evaluation Manager in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Research & Evaluation Manager will perform the following functions:
- Research, Impact Monitoring, and Evaluation
- Ensure that the Country Office and national partners use a well-prioritized and realistic plan of research, monitoring and evaluation activities that will provide the most relevant and strategic information grounded on rigorous evidence to inform policy engagement at all levels. In doing so, establish quality assurance for research and evaluation processes.
- Strengthen National Statistical Systems
- Strengthen national statistical systems and provide timely and accurate socio-economic diagnostics at both national and sub-national levels, including both monitoring of socio-economic trends and the country’s wider policy and economic context, as well as through sector specific indicators (e.g. HMIS, EMIS).
- Child rights monitoring, advocacy and partnerships
- Support correct and compelling use of data and evidence on the situation of children to inform national, regional and global reporting commitments.
- Establish effective partnerships with the Government, bilateral and multilateral donors, NGOs, civil society and local leaders, the private sector, and other UN agencies to monitor the effective implementation of the Convention of the Rights of the Child and progress to achieve global UN agendas such as the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Identify other critical partners, promotes awareness and builds capacity of partners, and actively facilitates effective collaboration within the UN family.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in economics, social/political sciences or other relevant fields.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional work experience at national and international level in analysis, research, evaluation and advocacy.
- Extensive experience elaborating analytical studies as well as producing timely and high-quality analytical research.
- Experience in public finance is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.