Deadline: 23 October 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Research & Evaluation Specialist in Lilongwe, Malawi.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Research & Evaluation Specialist will perform following functions-
- Support the collection, analysis and user-friendly presentation of data on multidimensional and monetary child poverty, including strengthening national capacity to collect routinely, report and use data for policy decision-making.
- Ensure that MCO and National partners use a well-prioritized and realistic plan of research and evaluation activities that will provide the most relevant and strategic information needed to manage the Country Programme, including tracking and assessing impact of UNICEF’s distinct contribution.
- Develop, manage and carry out thematic research and evaluation to feed into the country programme monitoring for the realization of children’s rights.
- Promote knowledge management by exchange of knowledge, information, experience or lessons learned on research and evaluation activities.
- Collaborate to implement capacity building strategies as a joint commitment with other developmental partners.
Applicants must have-
- An advanced university degree in 1 of the following fields is required: Economics, Social Sciences, Demography, Statistics or another relevant technical field.
- 5 years of relevant professional research work experience is required.
- Capacity or experience in quantitative analysis in relation to deprivation or social exclusion is a strong asset.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as a strong asset.
- Fluency in English and in a local language is required.
- Nationality of Malawi.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.