Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Research Manager in Lusaka, Zambia.
The Research Manager will manage a portfolio of up to five projects.
IPA is a research and policy non-profit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Research Manager will perform the following functions-
- Keep the Country Director apprised of all developments on the projects in their portfolio, and serve as key link between the field office, project staff, and Principal Investigators.
- Ensure project adherence in the field to general research design, sample selection, data management and analysis, and overall project management.
- Oversee project financial management, including creation and monitoring of project budgets, and ensure smooth integration of projects into IPA financial systems.
- Work with field office staff to ensure sound human resource and operational management of projects.
- Ensure that project deliverables, such as reports and financial statements, are submitted to donors and partners on time.
- Lead training on data management and general project management for new/incoming project research staff.
- Promote inter-project best practices and take a lead in sharing best practices with projects through formal and informal training opportunities.
- Be the point of contact for data management and analysis support for project staff by serving as the link between projects and IPA headquarters.
- Attend meetings and build partner relations with local government officials and partners to ensure success of both project specific and key IPA programmatic activities.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in related field, such as development economics, public policy, public health, or education policy.
- Two years of research or project management experience.
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills; experience with writing donor reports and grant proposals.
- Experience supervising data collection, teams of field workers, survey design and implementation and data management. Background in randomized control trials is strongly preferred.
- Flexibility and proactive work ethic with a demonstrated interest in the vision and mission of IPA.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and complete fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IPA.