Deadline: 1 August 2019
International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Results Measurement Specialist – Monitoring Investment Services in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post 2 years.
The Results Measurement Specialist will be responsible to support the design and implementation of the new AIMM monitoring system for IFC’s global investment services.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Results Measurement Specialist – Monitoring Investment Services the following functions:
- Work with investment and advisory teams to ensure consistent understanding and application of standard impact measurement and monitoring frameworks and methods throughout the project lifecycle.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Monitoring system for both investments and advisory projects and better report on projects development outcomes in IFC business lines.
- Design and conduct ex-post evaluation work that help establish the feedback loop in IFC operations and enhance IFC’s ability to better articulate its development impact narrative and report on achieved development outcomes, thus fostering further learning and dissemination of best practices to Sector Economics and IFC teams.
- Work with investment teams to ensure consistent understanding and application of standard impact measurement and monitoring frameworks and methods.
- Work with IFC’s Investment Officers to collect and analyze project data, apply the appropriate frameworks on the basis of data and research, create narratives that support the articulation of project impacts, and rate projects.
- Work with investment and portfolio teams to ensure consistent understanding and application of standard impact measurement and monitoring frameworks and methods
- Provide M&E inputs to donor proposals, and lead quality assurance and reporting of results internally and externally to donors
- Monitor data quality and strengthen and improve quality where necessary.
- Analyze underlying trends in results across reporting periods and extract key messages to inform operational decision-making.
- Ensure that development impact measurements are used as a tool for strategic decision making, e.g. identifying the most/least effective approaches in investment services.
- Feed results information into regional/country strategy, including target setting, and operational decisions (portfolio reviews and new business development/pipeline process).
- Provide coordination and oversight of IFC’s results measurement frameworks to help ensure standards for quality of project documents, accurate reporting and evidentiary support for results reported; working with project teams to resolve potential problems.
- Collaborate with RM colleagues in investments and advisory services to develop integrated analysis of trends across advisory services and investment services.
- Assist the regional teams in ensuring alignment of investment evaluations with regional/global evaluation strategy.
- Coordinate with Department colleagues and Global Industry departments on implementing evaluation plans.
- Train investment and advisory management and staff on the AIMM system and results measurement.
- Perform other tasks as requested by CSE management.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in economics/finance/business/public policy or other relevant fields from a reputable university.
- 5 – 8 years of relevant experience with private sector development operations, economic analysis, results measurement and/or project management.
- Experience with designing and implementing data analytics and research, results frameworks for private sector investments and advisory services, reporting of results at the aggregated level.
- Experience in IFC or similar multi-lateral development institutions with proven success in developing client relationships and supporting high quality investment and advisory projects.
- Proven experience in writing analytical reports and peer reviewed publications is a plus.
- Proven experience in evaluating the economic and development impact of projects and good understanding of investment/advisory projects’ development outcome assessment and processes methods.
- Knowledge of IFC’s Anticipated.
- Measurement and Monitoring system and Knowledge of DFIs’ additionality frameworks is a plus.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proven capability to handle complex assignments (e.g. project related or analytical tasks with operational relevance) and produce analytical work to a high professional standard, with minimum supervision.
- Experience with business analytics and results measurement methods, including, survey design and implementation, and experimental and non-experimental evaluation designs, project design through proven capabilities to develop project development impact thesis, design projects’ logical frameworks including SMART indicators and realistic and achievable targets.
- Training or certification in monitoring and to persuade and influence others across organizational boundaries/or evaluations is a plus.
- Proven ability to monitor data quality and improve it as needed for advisory and investment operations.
- Ability to train regional management and staff on results measurement, particularly on data quality assurance and reporting of results in line with corporate guidelines and standard impact measurement and monitoring frameworks.
- Ability to innovate, develop innovative solutions with others, and to deliver results for clients by proactively addressing clients’ stated and unstated needs.
- Proven ability to work in teams and capability to work in multi-cultural environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.