Deadline: 30 June 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Advisor – Climate Change in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Senior Advisor – Climate Change will perform the following functions-
- Conduct high level contextual analyses and research of the political, social, economic and environmental trends related to E&E portfolio.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to UNDP Senior Management for the overall design, development and implementation of various initiatives for E&E portfolio, with a focus on climate change.
- Develop UNDP policy position papers and internal briefing notes on various E&E programmatic areas for UNDP senior management ((including on climate change).
- Represent UNDP in UN related activities, such as UN Thematic Group on Energy and Environment, with regards to production of UN policy papers, awareness building and outreach activities.
- Support to improved communication, awareness and knowledge products for UNDP PNG.
- Facilitate knowledge building and develop local capacities on E&E, and facilitate knowledge exchanges between PNG and other countries.
- In close consultation with UNDP Senior Management, initiate and maintain strategic partnerships with key stakeholders and donors covering E&E programmatic areas (with a focus on climate change).
- Provide strategic guidance to Government of PNG to enhance coordination of ongoing initiatives, including improving weather-related early warning systems and establishment of the multi-hazard early warning hub in PNG (in close collaboration with RIMES – Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System and other regional stakeholders).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in related discipline, i.e. development, economics, social political or environmental sciences, climate sciences forestry, natural resource management, sustainable development, geography or relate field.
- Minimum 10 years professional experience in development field.
- Experience in conducting policy analysis and providing policy advice at high/senior level.
- In-depth understanding of climate change and sustainable development issues, and their practical implications for sustainable development processes.
- Experience from policy-related work, planning and management of development cooperation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and programmes.
- Excellent computer skills, including full working knowledge of standard word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.