Deadline: 30 June 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Advisor – Climate Change in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Advisor – Climate Change will perform the following functions-
- Conduct high level contextual analyses and research of the political, social, economic and environmental trends related to E&E portfolio.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to UNDP Senior Management for the overall design, development and implementation of various initiatives for E&E portfolio, with a focus on climate change.
- Develop UNDP policy position papers and internal briefing notes on various E&E programmatic areas for UNDP senior management ((including on climate change).
- Represent UNDP in UN related activities, such as UN Thematic Group on Energy and Environment, with regards to production of UN policy papers, awareness building and outreach activities.
- Support to improved communication, awareness and knowledge products for UNDP PNG.
- Facilitate knowledge building and develop local capacities on E&E, and facilitate knowledge exchanges between PNG and other countries.
- In close consultation with UNDP Senior Management, initiate and maintain strategic partnerships with key stakeholders and donors covering E&E programmatic areas (with a focus on climate change).
- Provide strategic guidance to Government of PNG to enhance coordination of ongoing initiatives, including improving weather-related early warning systems and establishment of the multi-hazard early warning hub in PNG (in close collaboration with RIMES – Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System and other regional stakeholders).
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Master’s degree in related discipline, i.e. development, economics, social political or environmental sciences, climate sciences forestry, natural resource management, sustainable development, geography or relate field.
- Minimum 10 years professional experience in development field.
- Experience in conducting policy analysis and providing policy advice at high/senior level.
- In-depth understanding of climate change and sustainable development issues, and their practical implications for sustainable development processes.
- Experience from policy-related work, planning and management of development cooperation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and programmes.
- Excellent computer skills, including full working knowledge of standard word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNDP.