Deadline: 30 June 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Advisor – Climate Change in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Advisor – Climate Change will perform the following functions-
- Conduct high level contextual analyses and research of the political, social, economic and environmental trends related to E&E portfolio.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to UNDP Senior Management for the overall design, development and implementation of various initiatives for E&E portfolio, with a focus on climate change.
- Develop UNDP policy position papers and internal briefing notes on various E&E programmatic areas for UNDP senior management ((including on climate change).
- Represent UNDP in UN related activities, such as UN Thematic Group on Energy and Environment, with regards to production of UN policy papers, awareness building and outreach activities.
- Support to improved communication, awareness and knowledge products for UNDP PNG.
- Facilitate knowledge building and develop local capacities on E&E, and facilitate knowledge exchanges between PNG and other countries.
- In close consultation with UNDP Senior Management, initiate and maintain strategic partnerships with key stakeholders and donors covering E&E programmatic areas (with a focus on climate change).
- Provide strategic guidance to Government of PNG to enhance coordination of ongoing initiatives, including improving weather-related early warning systems and establishment of the multi-hazard early warning hub in PNG (in close collaboration with RIMES – Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System and other regional stakeholders).
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in related discipline, i.e. development, economics, social political or environmental sciences, climate sciences forestry, natural resource management, sustainable development, geography or relate field.
- Minimum 10 years professional experience in development field.
- Experience in conducting policy analysis and providing policy advice at high/senior level.
- In-depth understanding of climate change and sustainable development issues, and their practical implications for sustainable development processes.
- Experience from policy-related work, planning and management of development cooperation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and programmes.
- Excellent computer skills, including full working knowledge of standard word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.