Deadline: 12 December 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Country Economist in Luanda, Angola. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Senior Country Economist will perform the following functions:
- Lead the macroeconomic monitoring of Angola and Sao Tome and Principe, manage and update the World Bank’s macro and fiscal model (MFMod), and the preparation of the Macro and Poverty Outlook (MPO).
- Lead and coordinate the dialogue on macroeconomic policy and economic growth issues with the Angolan and Sao Tome and Principe authorities, with the IMF and economic departments of other development agencies and non-government stakeholders.
- Work with other Global Practices (GPs), analyze challenges to economic growth/productivity and integrates structural, sectoral and macroeconomic issues.
- Serve as the external focal point on macroeconomic and economic growth issues, working closely with sector specialists.
- Lead core country diagnostics such as Country Economic Memorandums (CEM) and other growth diagnostics, and Public Expenditure Reviews (PER)/Public Finance Reviews (PFR).
- Lead Development Policy Operations or other types of lending operations focused on economic reforms.
- Lead the policy dialogue on debt sustainability and debt transparency, including the implementation of the new Sustainable Development Financing Policy, preparation of Debt Sustainability Analysis (DSA).
- Coordinate within the country team the preparation of the annual Country Policy and Institutional Assessment (CPIA) exercise.
- Where relevant, advise sector teams and government authorities on the macroeconomic implications of sector policies and investment decisions, including in the selection and execution of public investments.
- Provide analytical inputs for and advise the Country Management Unit (CMU) on country strategic engagement and economic policy issues, including through active participation in key review meetings.
- Support the analytical work program of the CMU, including the preparation of Systematic Country Diagnostic (SCDs), Country Partnership Frameworks (CPFs).
- Support the Practice Manager and the GP with corporate demands, quality control of deliverables, and the preparation of ad-hoc briefs.
- Coach and support the professional development of the local country economist.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in economics, with 8 years of experience.
- In depth understanding of the Angolan and Sao Tome and Principe economies and a strong grasp of the developmental issues facing a resource-rich and oil-dependent economy and a small island development country.
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills, in English and Portuguese, including the ability to speak persuasively and to present ideas clearly and concisely with senior policy officials and a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong integrative capacities; i.e., ability to identify development challenges and prioritize policy options within a coherent strategic framework.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiations skills and ability to work flexibly, creatively and to multitask as the need arises.
- Strong commitment towards team work and knowledge sharing, especially across the WBG!
- Proven sense of initiative, results orientation, and leadership/coaching qualities.
- Familiarity with econometric software such as E-Views, STATA or other statistical packages and MS Office programs, including Excel.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.