Deadline: 02 January 2023
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Data Science Officer in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Data Science Officer will perform the following functions-
- Statistical and Economic Knowledge Creation
- Undertakes quantitative (economic, statistical, econometric and machine learning) analyses in assigned projects, including data processing and model applications using appropriate software; assists in the preparation of SDI publications, working papers, journal manuscripts, ADB briefs and documents for Management.
- Capacity Building Activities
- Contributes to relevant SDI capacity building technical assistance activities; leads and designs capacity building activities in relevant areas of expertise (statistics, econometrics and data science), both internally within ADB and in developing member economies; assists in the preparation of training materials for courses.
- Administrative Support
- Provides support to the Advisor, ERCD and Head, EROD-SDI on planning and implementing the unit’s TA programs; prepares and monitors progress of SDI annual workplan; liaises with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of Head, EROD-SDI; supervises project analysts; performs other assignments as may be assigned by supervisor and reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics or Data Science and at least 5 years specialized experience relevant to the position can be considered.
- A PhD in these fields will be a distinct advantage.
- At least 10 years’ work experience in related field, with significant experience in statistical and economic knowledge creation through publications and at least 6 years of supervisory experience.
- Good knowledge and understanding of data collection methods (including surveys), official statistics, applied statistical/econometric techniques, and other related analytical tools.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the research process.
- Excellent skills in oral and written English.
- Excellent project management capabilities as shown in projects completed and delivered.
- Proficiency in using spreadsheets, statistical/econometric software (STATA, Python, R and SQL), database applications, and knowledge in implementing automated routines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work successfully with colleagues and clients.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.