Deadline: 29 March 2023
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Senior Economics Officer in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Economics Officer will perform the following functions-
- Economic Research Work
- Contributes and assists in preparation of technical economic research including: the 4 issues of the Asian Development Outlook (ADO), Asia Bond Monitor (ABM), technical assistance-funded research projects, and ad hoc economic studies.
- Provides research support, analyzes economic data using statistical software and pursues self-directed and co-authored research work, including data collection, database management, statistical analysis, and data presentation; review and analysis of related economic literature; and clear, logical presentation of ideas and empirical results.
- Prepares supporting materials for dissemination of research work and provide research support in the preparation of various briefing notes for Management and data requests from other departments.
- Flagship Publications
- Facilitates and manages the development and dissemination of the April, July, September, and December issues of the ADO, as well as ABM.
- Supports the preparation of ADO country chapters, global and regional outlook, and thematic report.
- Coordinates preparation of data, tables/charts, and check country chapters for consistency. Prepares regional summaries, provide support briefings to Management the Board, and other regional departments on ADO and related issues.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in economics, statistics or data science preferably with advanced training in econometrics.
- At least 8 years work experience in related field, with some experience in economic research.
- Good knowledge and understanding of macroeconomics, economic policy issues, and development trends in the region.
- Good knowledge and understanding of official statistics, applied statistical/econometric techniques, and other related analytical tools.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the research process.
- A high level of analytical and conceptual skills.
- Excellent skills in verbal and written English, preferably with demonstrated economic research writing ability.
- Proficiency in using spreadsheets, statistical/econometric software (particularly Stata/Eviews and Matlab), database applications, and knowledge in implementing automated routines.
- Skills in data science, knowledge of Python, R, Stata, APIs, and other business intelligence and analytical tools an advantage.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work successfully with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.