Deadline: 31 January 2020
Palladium is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Economist – Short Term Adviser, Pacific Labour Facility in Australia.
The Senior Economist will provide intermittent inputs (up to 45 days over 12 months) of economic advice and guidance to PLF on the procurement, interpretation and use of labour market analyses.
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Economist will perform the following:
- Develop a short framework (no more than five pages) that outlines how the labour market assessments will be undertaken and used.
- The framework should identify how stakeholders will be engaged and how results will be used.
- Develop the relevant technical sections of the procurement documentation (based on the initial consultations held with DFAT and other relevant stakeholders).
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of a firm to undertake the labour market analyses.
- Participate in initial meetings and briefings with the selected firm.
- Review preparatory documents (including methodology) produced by the firm in the lead up to undertaking the analyses.
- Support the interpretation, dissemination and use of analyses.
- Review all outputs produced by the firm (documenting this in a short report to PLF), ensuring the analyses are credible.
- Support PLF on other matters that require economic advice/guidance (requested through emails/tasking notes to the consultant).
Applicants must have:
- Post-graduate tertiary qualification in economics (or other relevant subject/s).
- At least 15 years practicing economics in the international development context and/or on labour market systems.
- Excellent multi-stakeholder engagement skills, including the ability to communicate and work with different stakeholders.
- High level skills in identifying and synthesising key strategic and operational issues through a participatory process.
- Excellent report writing skills, including the ability to convert complex data/information into understandable outputs for non-technical audiences.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Palladium.