Deadline: 14 December 2018
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Economist in Copenhagen, Denmark. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals first is reducing extreme poverty to 3% by 2030 and second is promoting shared prosperity by fostering income growth of the bottom 40% of the population in every country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Economist will perform the following functions:
- Develop effective relationships with relevant departments in WBG and UNHCR.
- Make substantive technical contributions to the forced displacement data agenda, at normative level and in individual tasks.
- Manage the outsourcing of data collection efforts or other similar tasks, including by ensuring consistency across products, quality, timeliness, and an optimal use of financial resources.
- Provide capacity building support to client institution.
- Contribute to, and/or lead the delivery of high-profile analytical products.
- Represent the JDC in technical fora, workshops, conferences, etc.
- Develop effective partnerships with other relevant stakeholders.
- Any other assignment as may be required by the Manager / Deputy Manager.
Applicants must have:
- PhD in Economics or related discipline with at least 8 years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and experience, including in the use of microdata in policy analysis, and peer reviewed publications.
- Strategic sense, and demonstrated experience in ensuring the operational relevance of analytical and research work.
- Solid understanding of forced displacement-related issues.
- Ability to develop partnerships and effective working relationships across institutional boundaries.
- Drive, proven sense of initiative, results orientation, flexibility, leadership qualities, as well as effective teamwork skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of STATA and other relevant software.
- Ability to work flexibly, creatively and to multitask as the need arises.
- A high degree of self-motivation, positive attitude and drive.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.