Deadline: 10 December 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Economist in Rabat, Morocco. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Economist will perform the following functions:
- Direct the macroeconomic policy dialogue with Government authorities and development partners.
- Take a lead in MTI support to Development Policy Operations (DPOs) and Advisory Services and Analytics (ASA).
- Lead customized engagement with the countries depending on the overall context (e.g. whether based on lending, ASAs)
- Liaise with the IMF on the macroeconomic framework for the countries, as needed.
- Lead within the country team a variety of country economist tasks such as preparation of the Macro Poverty Outlook, regular macroeconomic monitoring, and contribute to country strategy products.
- Work with the Maghreb Country Director, MTI Practice Manager, and Equitable Growth, Finance and Institutions (EFI) Program Leader, participate in the dialogue with development partners.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum Master’s degree (Ph.D. preferred) in Economics with 8 years of relevant professional experience (A completed Ph.D. is equivalent to 3 years of relevant professional experience).
- Strong technical skills on macro-fiscal and growth issues and a consistent record in delivering high quality and technically sophisticated analytical work.
- Strong operational and policy dialogue skills; delivering high quality Development Policy Operations.
- Strong integrative skills in order to support the Country Director and associated management team in articulating its strategic thinking on economic growth and poverty reduction and to articulate a coherent policy dialogue with the authorities.
- Sense of initiative, results orientation, team work and leadership qualities, and ability to work effectively across sectors/GPs.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to speak persuasively and to present ideas clearly and concisely with senior authorities.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.