Deadline: 19 July 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Economist in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 4 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Senior Economist will perform the following functions-
- Develop and contribute to high-profile and technically demanding climate and fiscal reports.
- Lead and assist in the development of diagnostic tools and approaches that can be used by country teams for evidence-based assessments to influence operational interventions.
- Assist GPs and country teams in analyzing fiscal and growth sustainability challenges to economic growth and productivity.
- Provide high-quality reviews for corporate products, quality control of deliverables, external reports and other documents as requested.
- Serve as the focal point on fiscal sustainability and economic issues, working closely with sector specialists.
- Develop and support training and knowledge initiatives to deepen technical expertise and disseminate best practices, new findings and technical advancesL
- Plays a key role in MTI’s lending and non-lending agendaL
- Leads or participates in Development Policy Operations or other types of lending operations in different parts of the region.
- Oversees the preparation or produces a range of key economic policy papers, policy notes and reports.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree with 8 year’s of relevant professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, including a track record of delivery of high quality analytical and advisory products.
- Experience in preparing flagship reports, short advocacy papers, technical reviews, as well as technical publications relating to the economics of sustainability.
- Strong analytical skills in climate economics and in using advanced models or developing long-term growth models.
- Proven track record of publications in the macroeconomics and fiscal policy of climate change.
- Operational experience in Development Policy Operations and other lending projects that include environmental fiscal reforms as a component of wider reform would be an asset.
- Track record of outstanding report writing and communications skills, including the ability to present complex analyses to non-specialist audiences.
- Ability to work flexibly on a range of assignments and adjust to a variety of complex evolving tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to conduct policy-relevant research.
- Proven experience in leading high impact development policy operations.
- Sound knowledge of Bank lending tools and procedures.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.