Deadline: 10 June 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Economist in Washington, DC, United States . The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Senior Economist will perform the following functions-
- Provide strategic and operational inputs to the ID4D initiative and ideate on new areas of work.
- Translate the strategic leadership and guidance provided by the ID4D Senior Directors into actionable program(s) to be implemented by the participating GPs/Global Themes and sectors, and in consultation with external partners;Closely monitor progress in the implementation of the work program.
- Facilitate country implementation of multi-sector solutions to the complex development challenges faced by our client governments.
- Serve as a team member on operational teams (across a range of Global Practices), contribute to the preparation of World Bank project documents, provide guidance on ID good practices to project teamsContribute to the policy dialogue (often working across a range of Ministries and agencies), convening, and consensus-building across stakeholdersLead or participate in technical evaluation and support missions and provide technical guidance to help shape the design, project preparation, and management of World Bank projects.
- Lead the design of cutting-edge analytical products, research projects, and data collection efforts designed to increase global evidence and knowledge on the use of identification systems for development, in collaboration with a range of GPs/departments and external researchers and other partners:
- Conceive, manage, and contribute to high-profile analytical products, papers, and tools to help countries and other partners better understand and implement good practices and international norms related to identification.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree and a minimum of 8 year’s of experience in a relevant technical discipline (public policy, engineering, economics or other related field).
- Demonstrated successes and track record of policy innovation, especially as related to ID or the broader technology, innovation, digital inclusion and its intersection with one or more development outcomes in health, financial inclusion, social protection, education, and gender is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical skills including experience designing and implementing impact evaluations and surveys, designing and managing large dataset, and executing research projects in developing countries.
- High levels of energy, passion, and initiative to deliver outcomes and the know-how to get things done.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team orientation, proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively within and across institutional boundaries.
- Ability to work independently, seeking guidance on complex issues from senior staff.
- Ability to think strategically, connect the dots easily across a range of topics to develop a broader coherent approach.
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments, experience in working in developing countries.
- Strong relationships with leaders and experts in the fields of digital identity and technology.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages preferred: French, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.