Deadline: 7 December 2016
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Economist in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Economist will perform the following functions-
- Lead the education policy dialogue in Argentina, serve as the face of the Bank in the education sector in Argentina and the first point of contact for national and sub-national clients.
- Lead/participate in teams and missions to design, prepare, appraise, supervise implementation and evaluate Bank-supported education sector operations.
- Provide hands on technical assistance to clients at the national or sub national level deploying high quality practical knowledge through solutions and nuts and bolts implementation.
- For economists, design and manage economic analyses of education operations, expenditure reviews and other economic and sector work; enhance client capacity to carry out and use economic analysis and impact evaluations in policy and decision making.
- Facilitate the development of new business in the education sector in Argentina, including innovative knowledge and technical advisory services and financial products.
- Contribute similarly to education programs in other countries in the Latin America and Caribbean Region depending on demands of the education program in Argentina and in other countries of the region.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced degree in economics, education policy or social sciences.
- Knowledge of education economics would be very useful.
- Recognized and highly regarded professional with at least 8 years of relevant experience in shaping education policy.
- Strong intellectual leadership, analytical ability and publication record related to education policy issues in one or more education sub sectors (early childhood, basic, secondary, technical and vocational education, tertiary education).
- Experience in managing technical teams /consultants to prepare analytical work for policy development in education.
- Demonstrated combination of analytical rigor and practical and solution oriented approaches, understanding of the political economy of education reform.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish are essential.
- Strong in written and oral expression, including public presentation.
- Proficiency in Portuguese would be a plus but is not required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.