Deadline: 2 August 2017
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Economist in Washington D.C., United States.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Economist will perform the following functions-
- Lead and support the creation and deployment of knowledge for incubation of innovative operational solutions in the education Global Practice, with hands on technical support to regional unit teams in the preparation, approval, implementation, and evaluation of relevant World Bank projects and policy advisory in education.
- Lead and provide significant contributions to global or regional flagship studies, forge strategic partnerships and alliances to contribute to the WBG corporate knowledge agenda in education.
- Oversee education related work in a designated area of the GEAK work program within the World Bank, across regional departments, relevant Global Practices, and other units as appropriate.
- Support as appropriate core business functions of GEAK, including management of team members/consultants, fiduciary oversight and over all trust fund management in collaboration with the RM staff and Trust Fund administration.
- Oversee and contribute to the development of policy briefs, the design and delivery of learning events, workshops and other forms of knowledge exchange within the WBG and among member countries and other partners.
- Liaise as needed with international partners, including the UNESCO Institute of Statistics, bilateral agencies and foundations, represent the GEAK unit in various fora, internally and externally, and support resource mobilization.
Applicants must have-
- D. in economics, economic development or public policy and minimum 8 years of relevant and substantive policy research, development policy and operational experience, combined with a solid broad knowledge of the role of education in economic development and the World Bank’s strategic directions.
- Recognized deep technical knowledge and experience in at least 1 to 2 of the core areas of focus of the education GP, particularly: Early Childhood Development, curriculum, instruction and learner assessments and policies to develop foundational cognitive and socio-emotional skills, analysis of skills mismatches, education spending analysis, pre-employment training and adult learning programs.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, and significant experience with rigorous micro data analysis of household surveys in education or other social sectors, and impact evaluation of programs.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills to convey complex technical ideas to a non-specialist audience, and lead substantive policy dialogue with clients and stakeholders.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.