Deadline: 29 October 2021
The Asia Foundation is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Policy Specialist in Malaysia.
The Asia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Policy Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Provide leadership in identifying and engaging with key stakeholders who are decision-makers or influencers on policy issues of concern to the Foundation.
- Provide analysis on strategic approach for influencing policy, and lead implementation of that approach.
- Nurture and develop relationships necessary to provide access and credibility on issues of concern to the Foundation.
- Work with partners, researchers, and units within the Foundation to obtain and communicate data, research, and information necessary for policymakers to craft credible and effective policies in areas of concern.
- Liaise with and contribute to the work of sub-recipients (individuals, organizations) that have been engaged to contribute to the successful completion of projects/activities.
- Maintain good professional relations with key agencies, organizations, and donors relevant to the assigned program.
- Develop and revise MOUs with relevant government agencies.
- Inform the country representative of any challenges/issues.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in relevant field–economics, public policy, political science, or other social science degrees preferred.
- Minimum 10 year’s relevant work experience, with direct experience in a policy environment in Malaysia preferred.
- Project management and INGO experience are also valued.
- Strong inter-personal & cross-cultural skills.
- Strong time management/organization skills
- Excellent Malay and English (spoken/written).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Asia Foundation.