Deadline: 11 April 2017
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Portfolio Management Specialist in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
The Senior Portfolio Management Specialist will support effective project management, both advising on effective processing, and on project administration.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Portfolio Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Country Partnership Strategy and Country Operations Business Plans including results frameworks and sector plans, and advising on appropriate investment priorities and operational modalities;
- Contribute to the development of the MNRM work plan, individual work plans, and submissions for the Work Program and Budget Framework and Budget on matters related to portfolio performance;
- Contribute to reviews and development of ADB policies, guidelines, instructions, processes and other related exercises.
- Ensure optimal use and application of project management and reporting systems (e.g., eOps), including quality assurance of data entry, and timely updates, as required.
- Liaise closely with donors for projects financed from trust funds (e.g. JFPR, Korea eAsia Fund), providing regular portfolio updates, in coordination with Office of Cofinancing Operations.
- Ensure that MNRM’s annual program for project completion reports (PCRs) and technical assistance completion reports (TCRs) meets the annual target with quality reports.
- Advise project processing teams from sector divisions on optimal and efficient project processing and administration (e.g., through comments on project documentation, participation in missions);
- Ensure quality and consistency of reports and outgoing communications related to the MNRM’s project-related activities.
- Coordinate efforts in strengthening capacity of project executing and implementing agencies in project implementation, including project accounting, disbursement and procurement procedures.
- Inspect quality of project field operations, with focus on problem or potential problem projects.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Finance, or other related specialized fields.
- University degree in Engineering, Economics, Finance, or other related fields, combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in project processing and administration at senior levels.
- Experience in applying expertise in an international setting within the sector.
- Experience in working in developing nations.
- International experience working in several countries.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.