Deadline: 15 December 2016
Global Climate Fund (GCF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Portfolio Specialist in Songdo, South Korea. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Senior Portfolio Specialist will support the Head of Portfolio Management on strategic matters, the development of portfolio management systems and the creation of a portfolio management framework for GCF to create a best practice unit.
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to expand collective human action to respond to climate change – the defining challenge of our time.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Portfolio Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support the Portfolio Management Head on strategic matters such as the development of portfolio management systems and the creation of a portfolio management framework for GCF to create a best practice unit.
- Lead the management of all M&E functions, including the development and implementation of M&E guidelines for all GCF operations, in compliance with the Board-approved M&E frameworks of the Fund.
- Identify early warning signals for the portfolio and where necessary, formulate and implement intervention strategies for restructuring.
- Develop and apply GCF’s portfolio management framework and processes.
- Review disbursements, waivers, restructuring and other ongoing project-related activities.
- Liaise with support divisions, in particular, Legal, Risk, and Environmental and Social Safeguards to ensure all projects are adhering to GCF’s policies and standards.
- For private sector projects, handle 4-5 complex relationships, monitor equity holdings and devise sales.
- Ensure any downside risk is mitigated via relevant strategies, appropriate management actions, or through use of strong relationship management.
Applicants must have-
- MBA or Master’s degree in Economics, Finance or relevant field.
- Minimum 11 years of relevant work experience in project/ program management, and/or corporate finance, including success in promoting and processing of investments.
- Experience in state-of-the art monitoring and evaluation and impact evaluation methodologies.
- Strong portfolio management, financial and credit analysis skills including some advanced financial modeling skills.
- Experience with directly working with clients/partners in developing countries to design, implement, and monitor projects and programs.
- Fluency in English is essential and knowledge of another United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file via email given on the website.
For more information, please download the PDF GCF.