Deadline: 12 June 2020
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Management in Nairobi, Kenya.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Senior Programme Management will perform the following functions-
- General co-ordination and implementation of the OzonAction Compliance Assistance Programme (CAP) in Francophone Africa:
- Further develop and direct the CAP.
- Consult regularly with the Member States in the region, on issues relevant to Montreal Protocol in the framework of UNEP’s Implementing Agency mandate.
- Co-ordinates OzonAction projects and services with all countries of the region in the framework of UNEP’s mandate.
- Ensure the necessary coordination with other international, regional and national organizations in the region.
- Prepare and implement the CAP projects and services and contribute to mobilizing resources from the Multilateral Fund.
- General Management of the OzonAction CAP programme in Francophone Africa:
- Further develop and direct the work programme.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of meetings of the representatives of Governments (National Ozone Officers) under the CAP.
- Initiate, develop and prepare policies, strategies and guidelines to be presented to the member Governments under the CAP.
- Review CAP human and financial resource requirements for programme implementation and make recommendations to the governing bodies.
- Supervise utilization of the Multilateral Trust Fund in close cooperation with the Budget and Funds Management Service of the United Nations Office in Nairobi (UNEP).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in environmental related science, environmental engineering, project management, economics, business administration or related field is required.
- First University Degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced degree.
- Minimum 10 year’s of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, administration or related area is required.
- Knowledge of international donor programmes and experience with international policy setting processes is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in oral and written French is required.
- Knowledge of English is an advantage.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNEP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.