Deadline: 2 August 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Policy Officer in Juba, South Sudan.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Senior Programme Policy Officer will perform the following functions:
- Develop effective country and regional programmes, bringing policies and strategies into the South Sudan country context.
- Coordinate and provide technical leadership for assessments, analysis and to design, formulate, implement and monitor WFP’s food assistance programmes under Country Strategic Plans.
- Provide solid technical and managerial leadership on a broad range of strategically important and complex programme and policy issues including on the choice of objectives, activities, transfer modalities and appropriate food products, the deployment and testing of innovative approaches and the development of strategies to support government efforts to reduce hunger and malnutrition.
- Ensure that programmes are consistent with WFP policies, Executive Board decisions and other Operational Guidance.
- Assist senior stakeholders of governments and other partners in identifying where food assistance can be usefully employed and provide support and technical expertise for the planning, formulation and implementation of food assistance programmes.
- Guide and support a strengthened government and community ownership and effectiveness of food security and nutrition programmes at global, national and sub-national levels.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree, preferably at the advanced level, in Economics, International Affairs, Nutrition/Heath, Agriculture, Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences or a field relevant to international development assistance.
- At least 11 year’s (4 of which international) of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience, both in the field and Headquarters, in public sector management, development projects, emergency assistance, and/or operational aspects of national, bilateral or multilateral food aid or commercial transactions.
- Strong experience formulating, designing and developing Country Strategic Plans and programme strategies and activities in a humanitarian and transition contexts, drawing upon a full range of food assistance tools and translating them into implementation modalities and operations.
- Leadership experience in building and managing teams and projects.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.