Deadline: 18 June 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Project Officer (Education) in India. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Senior Project Officer (Education) will perform the following functions-
- Sector Policy and Institutional Support
- Monitor and assess key policy and institutional reforms in education and skills development sectors and advise the clients for their satisfactory progress.
- Participate in meetings along with development partners, HQ missions members, and RM staff for policy dialogues with the government.
- Product Development Support
- Assist in formulating Country Partnership Strategy (CPS) by undertaking sector assessments with result frameworks and annual Country Operational Business Plan (COBP) with sector updates.
- Co-lead (with designated HQ mission leader) and assist in the formulation and design of investment and technical assistance (TA) projects in the assigned sectors.
- Prepare knowledge product on topics agreed with the supervisor.
- Facilitate effective coordination and communication with the government DPs, CSOs, and the private sector in the process.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social, economic development, business management, or equivalent fields preferably with Master’s degree.
- At least 8 year’s of related work experience, and 4 year’s of supervisory experience.
- Extensive experience in (i) education, skills development, and disaster risk management, and (ii) portfolio management.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in portfolio management, project formulation, project implementation and procurement management.
- Sound knowledge of government administrative systems and procurement systems and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge and skills in procurement and disbursement; familiarity and understanding of ADB’s relevant guidelines is an advantage.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and ability to identify issues and appropriate actions at the field office level.
- Strong planning and organizing skills to handle a multitude of tasks under given timelines, under a high-pressure work environment.
- Proficiency in the use of technology packages (common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics, PowerPoint and web-browsing and search engines).
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams, including ability to manage staff to facilitate work planning, delivery, and quality review.
- Ability to take initiative and work proactively.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.