Deadline: 2 June 2020
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Skills Development Specialist in Beirut, Lebanon.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Senior Skills Development Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Analyse trends and developments in the countries of the region, including in post-crisis and recovery countries, which have a direct bearing on the formulation of (a) a new generation of skills and lifelong learning policies, employment promotion, and poverty reduction strategies, (b) programmatic frameworks like the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Frameworks (UNSDCFs) and ILO DWCPs.
- Provide high-level technical and policy advisory services to the ILO constituents and other stakeholders for designing and delivering innovative, flexible and inclusive learning options, including work-based learning and quality apprenticeships, particularly for women and persons in vulnerable situations, while focusing on meeting the needs of the rural and informal economy and addressing digital, demographic and green transitions.
- Work with constituents to adapt the ILO conceptual and policy framework on skills and lifelong learning for employment to national and sector circumstances and country priorities.
- Provide policy advice and technical expertise to countries for improvements in inter-ministerial coordination in order to link basic education, vocational training, employment services and lifelong learning and to integrate skills development in employment strategies and in the work of line ministries (for example, agriculture, industry, environment, enterprise development, youth employment, trade and commerce, migration.)
- In coordination with employment and enterprise development specialists, develop integrated strategies that link technical and vocational training to better quality jobs, enterprise productivity and good working conditions, thereby enhancing the social perception of technical and vocational training.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in economics, labour economics, human resources development, education and training, or other social sciences field, with demonstrated expertise in the relevant field.
- 10 to 15 year’s experience of which at least seven years at the international level in human resources development, vocational education and training and skills development including for the informal economy.
- Experience in design and implementation of development cooperation projects in skills development.
- Prior experience of working within the UN system and in developing countries would be an advantage.
- Excellent command of English.
- Working knowledge of Arabic and/or French would be an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.