Deadline: 6 December 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Social Protection and Jobs Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Social Protection and Jobs Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support the development of a jobs platform and working group in ADB, bringing together the work on jobs and economic inclusion across the institution and developing clear institutional strategies for strengthening approaches and developing knowledge.
- Prepare and/or guide studies on disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, policy responses put in place by governments and policy responses and actions needed during the transition phase and recovery phase, affecting the labor market and the most vulnerable sections of the population.
- Advise and provide technical inputs to country teams, regional departments, developing member country (DMC) partners and team leaders on effective labor market policies and program design to support the post-pandemic transition and recovery phases.
- Improve staff and DMC capacity and the quality of design and implementation by assisting 2-4 projects per year.
- Promote innovation and good practice, drawing on international experience and lessons learned.
- Advise and author knowledge products on the impacts of ongoing structural changes (technological advances, demographic changes, climate change and migration) on the labor market policies and programs, responsive to shocks and the changing needs of the labor market, contribute to capacity development in developing member countries, and represent ADB at external events.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in labor economics, social protection or relevant fields.
- Alternatively, University Degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- Minimum 10 year’s relevant professional experience, including international work experience, in labor market analysis including in the design and implementation of jobs strategies and solutions.
- Strong understanding of government institutions, labor market programs, public financial management, with specific firsthand experience on engaging with governments in developing countries, preferably in Asia and the Pacific.
- Depth knowledge of active and passive labor market programs, skills development and training approaches, youth employment, and areas such as green jobs and just transition strategies and related international experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.