Deadline: 31 May 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Social Protection Economist/Specialist in Jakarta, Indonesia. The duration of this post 3 years.
The Senior Social Protection Economist/Specialist is responsible to contribute to the successful day-to-day delivery of the overall SPJ programming efforts, analytical/technical work, technical assistance, lending, and close coordination and capacity building with government counterparts.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Social Protection Economist/Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Lead and/or serve as a team member in analytical and advisory service (ASA) tasks in one or multiple SPJ engagement areas in Indonesia.
- This would involve generation of evidence-based policy analysis and provision of technical assistance to the government on the delivery and reform of various SPJ programs with a focus on improving program delivery and introducing innovations to improve SPJ efficiency and effectiveness.
- The key focus areas include social assistance/social safety nets, social insurance and social security, skills development and jobs, and broadly, human capital development.
- Within these areas, the candidate may also contribute to multi-sectoral ASA work which could at times be led from other GPs.
- Lead and/or serve as a team member in preparation and implementation of lending projects in the areas of social assistance and skills development.
- The candidate would also where appropriate contribute to multi-sectoral lending operations in areas where SPJ is a contributing GP (e.g., nutrition).
- Liaise with government counterparts and other external agencies to support joint programming and analytical activities to strengthen the SP system and improve SPJ program delivery in Indonesia.
- Curate knowledge and global best practices to the needs of government counterparts and specific Indonesia context.
- Generate knowledge and good practices from Indonesia engagement to contribute to the regional and global knowledge base of the SPJ GP.
- Contribute to strong team collaboration within the Indonesia SPJ team and with WBG colleagues from other GPs, to develop holistic WBG solutions to the challenges of poverty, inequality, household level vulnerability, and inclusive growth.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Minimum Master’s degree in public policy, economics, or related relevant disciplines, with at least 8 years of work experience or corresponding combination of study and work experience.
- PhD. in the areas of development economics, labor, or related field is desired.
- Relevant work experience in areas related social protection, labor market, skill development, and/or service delivery.
- It is not expected that the candidate would have extensive experience in all these areas, but should have exposure on some and core skills that will allow for professional growth in areas of less prior exposure.
- Demonstrated experience in leading analytical and technical assistance activities designed to support the development and strengthening of SP system, labor market, and human capital.
- Experience with engaging with government counterparts on SPJ policy issues and/or SPJ program implementation.
- Excellent analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative) and proven ability to conduct independent policy-relevant research, translate theory into practical applications, and adapt professional knowledge and technical skills to analyze, diagnose and propose solutions to policy issues and challenges.
- Knowledge of World Bank financing instruments and operational procedures would be highly desirable.
- Strong, practical experience in supporting or managing research activities that explore topics related to labor, labor mobility, skills and social assistance in both low-and middle-income countries.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WBG.