Deadline: 15 July 2018
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Assistant in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The duration of this post is 12 months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Social Diagnosis: conducting interviews with target families of the Program and representatives of organizations executing projects within the same, in order to identify characteristics and problems of the communities of action, as well as opportunities for support.
- Implementation of the Social Accompaniment Plan during the execution phase of the works: social accompaniment visits to families, workshops, institutional strengthening meetings with social organizations, whose fundamental lines of work are access to information; the participation; safety and accident prevention; the care of health and the environment; the promotion of ways to inhabit spaces that facilitate effective access to fundamental rights; the prevention of different forms of violence and discrimination; the strengthening of capacities for the development of the autonomy of the people; the formation of community networks and the consolidation of habitat as an environment for the protection of rights.
Applicants must have-
- It requires a degree in Social Work, Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology or related branches of social sciences.
- In the absence of studies at the university level, candidates with completed secondary / technical studies will be considered as long as they provide additional years of experience.
- Experience of 2 years (with complete university studies) or 6 years (with complete and completed secondary education studies) in social work or social management functions in projects of attention to populations in situations of economic and social vulnerability.
- Counseling experience (individual, family or group), and interventions in crisis situations within the community.
- Proficiency in the Spanish language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.