Deadline: 28 December 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Social Policy Specialist in Damascus, Syria. The duration of this post 1 year.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social Policy Specialist will perform following functions-
- Support the collection, analysis and user-friendly presentation of data on multidimensional and monetary child poverty, including strengthening national capacity to collect routinely, report and use data for policy decision-making.
- Provide timely, regular data-driven analysis for effective prioritization, planning, and development; facilitates results-based management for planning, adjusting, and scaling-up specific social policy initiatives to reduce child poverty.
- Analyze the macroeconomic context and its impact on social development, emerging issues and social policy concerns, as well as implications for children, and proposes and promotes appropriate responses in respect of such issues and concerns, including government resource allocation policies and the effect of social welfare policies on the rights of children.
Applicants must have:
- A university degree in Social Policy, Economics, Public Policy, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, or other relevant disciplines is required.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional work experience is required.
- Developing country work experience and familiarity with emergency is considered a strong asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.