Deadline: 16 July 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Social Policy Specialist in Lusaka, Zambia. The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Social Policy Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Improve data on child poverty & vulnerability for increased use for policy and programme action.
- Strengthen social protection coverage and impact for children.
- Improve use of public financial resources for children.
- Strengthen capacity of local governments to plan, budget, consult on and monitor child-focused social services.
- Strengthen advocacy and partnerships for child-sensitive social policy.
- UNICEF Programme Management.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields is required: Economics, Public Policy, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 5 year’s of relevant professional work experience is required.
- Direct experience in working on social cash transfers programmes is required.
- Familiarity with social protection systems development is required.
- Background and/or familiarity with emergency programming is considered as a strong asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.