Deadline : 28 May 2020
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Team Leader in Myanmar.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Team Leader will perform the following functions:
- Annual programme planning process: with the programme team, design and operationalize programme implementation and strategic direction, including ensuring activities and deliverables are implemented in accordance with budgets and time frames as expected by the client, incorporating strategies for achieving value for money across all programme activities, and ensuring that proper action is taken to maintain implementation plans and make timely and cost-effective adjustments to unforeseen and unavoidable implementation constraints and delays
- Programme technical assistance: identify programme technical assistance needs, develop suitable scopes of work, recruit consultants, and execute technical assistance contracts; maintain quality control over all programme operations and performance targets, ensuring deliverables outlined in the programme contract are of the highest quality and completed in a timely and cost-effective manner; write, edit, and rewrite various programme reports and deliverables; and provide technical assistance to the programme, including advising government counterparts, leading assessment trips nationwide, initiating pilot programmes, and conducting other technical assignments
- Technical supervision: provide overall technical oversight for long- and short-term team members and consultants; ensure appropriate consultants are hired, briefed, and supported in completing their assignments.
- Communications and relationships: serve as Chemonics’ in-country representative to the client and maintain routine correspondence; ensure all pertinent information is disseminated appropriately and that accurate records are kept of all client communications and coordinate with the client and other stakeholders, including government ministries, national and subnational agencies, civil society organizations, and other donors on technical matters, allocation of resources, and any other contractual issues that may arise
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, social science, international development, or a related discipline required.
- Advanced Degree in education or relevant discipline preferred.
- Track record of progressive responsibility and minimum 10 year’s of professional experience managing large (more than £15 million), complex, donor-funded education projects of similar scale, scope, and complexity in developing countries, including as team leader or chief of party.
- Demonstrated experience delivering programmes that increase macroeconomic stability to promote inclusive growth, support equitable and efficient economic services and infrastructure, promote effective decentralized economic decision-making, and achieve greater accountability over economic decisions preferred.
- In-depth technical knowledge of political economy analysis, public financial management and extractives industry.
- Experience working with central government ministries to implement reforms; build capacity in data analysis, planning, resource allocation and budget disbursement or improve public financial management.
- Experience leading large teams.
- Experience managing programmes that generate evidence and lessons learned, which is in turn used as part of an adaptive management approach to inform programme delivery.
- Strong ability to collaborate and build partnerships with host-country governments, UK government agencies, donor agencies, and international organisations.
- International donor/client experience required.
- Experience working on DFID-funded project preferred.
- Geographical experience and knowledge of economics sector in Southeast Asia, particularly Myanmar.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in English and advanced English written communication skills.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.