Deadline: 2 December 2021
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Expert, LMIS-SKILLS in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The Technical Expert, LMIS-SKILLS will perform the following functions:
- Project management:
- Ensure effective coordination and planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project activities, in conformity with ILO policies and project strategies, and in accordance with ILO programming guidelines and country/action programmes, and administrative and financial procedures, in consultation with the responsible field office if applicable.
- Technical leadership and advice:
- Provide technical advice and support for the ASEAN Secretariat and Member States at a regional level in meeting the project’s overall objectives in line with the agreed results framework.
- Advocacy, networking and partnership:
- Strengthen relationships to cooperate and coordinate with the concerned ASEAN governments, ministries and the employers’ and workers’ organizations, other relevant organizations, target groups and donors, in the planning and implementation of activities under the project.
- Knowledge management:
- Write and disseminate project information materials in close collaboration with other relevant technical specialists.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree with relevant experience in labour market information for skills anticipation and job creation, management, economics, or related social science field.
- At least 7 year’s experience in the management of technical cooperation activities in a senior level position, of which at least 3 year’s at the international level, this includes field experience in leadership role in implementation of projects, preferably managing labour market information-related projects and formulating skills and employment policies.
- Specific expertise in skills and TVET system development will be an advantage.
- Excellent command of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.