Deadline: 1 July 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer – Economic Development and Livelihoods in Damascus, Syria. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Technical Officer – Economic Development and Livelihoods is responsible to provide support services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technical Officer – Economic Development and Livelihoods will perform the following functions-
- Planning support:
- Collect and review existing studies, assessment and data related to livelihoods and economic recovery at the local level.
- Support the Area Manager in conducting community-based needs assessment, including mapping and assessment of key stakeholders, assessing risks and resources.
- Identifying key entry points for UNDP’s livelihoods and economic recovery initiatives in four thematic areas.
- Support in developing the proposals for livelihoods and economic recovery initiatives.
- Implementation and monitoring support:
- Support in developing annual workplans and implementation plans of the economic development and livelihoods and economic recovery initiatives in the target areas.
- Support in developing TOR for livelihoods and economic recovery initiatives.
- Support in developing monitoring indicators.
- Undertake technical monitoring and evaluation of the initiatives.
- Update the progress against the goals and upload the progress into the information management system.
- Knowledge management and networking:
- Establish working relationships with key stakeholders at the governorate and municipal levels.
- Liaise and coordinate with UN agencies working around livelihoods for planning and implementation of joint-initiatives.
- Compile and document lessons learnt and best practices and promote innovation.
- Support the Team Leader for Livelihoods and Economic Recovery in developing communication materials including human interest stories, audio-visual products, as well as key messages reflecting the implementation on the ground.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor degree in Economy, Engineering, Development studies, or other related fields.
- 2 years of operational relevant experience;
- Experience in the field of socio-economic recovery is an asset.
- Excellent command of Arabic and English in both oral and written.
- Nationality of Syria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.