Deadline: 15 July 2020
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Trade and Employment Technical Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Trade and Employment Technical Officer will perform the following functions-
- Under the guidance of the responsible supervisor and the Senior Trade and Employment Officer in Cairo, execute the implementation of the project by providing technical inputs, planning, monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Ensure conformity with ILO policies and project strategies, ILO programming guidelines and country/action programs, and Office procedures and practices.
- Take responsibility for the overall project financial management and reporting to implement the planned activities in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide technical advice and support to project staff and national partners in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project activities, in coordination with the ILO Field Offices and HQ. in particular, provide backstopping support for country studies for the project countries in the Middle East, and provide inputs into regional knowledge-sharing workshops and regional training based on these studies.
- Conduct research and integrate technical inputs for regional and country analyses, reports and publications related to the project, and prepare discussion notes.
- Develop training materials and conduct seminars and workshops.
- Under the guidance of the responsible supervisor and the Senior Trade and Employment Officer in Cairo, maintain close liaison with governments, workers’ and employers’ organizations, and UN/non-governmental organizations, to discuss matters and follow up on a broad range of country programmes and projects.
- Maintain working contacts and collaboration with multi-lateral and bilateral donor agencies and draft proposals for funding.
- Co-ordinate, promote linkages and share best practices and lessons learnt with other relevant ILO projects/programs, ILO units and external stakeholders.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in economics, social science, international studies or other relevant field, with specialization in international trade, economic development or labour economics preferred.
- At least 5 year’s of professional experience in the management and implementation of technical cooperation projects including 3 year’s at the international level.
- Excellent command of English and good knowledge of French, Arabic a plus.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.