Deadline: 28 January 2021
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Representative in Quito, Ecuador. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Country Representative will perform the following functions-
- Manage the strategic country programme planning and development
- Develop and implement strategic direction of the country.
- Lead the design, planning, formulation, preparation and development of the Country Strategic Note in close consultation and collaboration with the government, civil society, donors, UN system partners and the Regional Director, Resident and/or Humanitarian Coordinator in the country and other national development stakeholders and partners, taking into account national priorities , the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Common Country Analysis and UNSDCF.
- Provide substantive advice to the Executive Director, Regional Director and Senior Management on the regional strategy, direction and planning of programmes and projects.
- Manage and ensure the quality of results-based and rights-based programming for the CO.
- Finalize the annual work plan and budget.
- Manage the Ecuador Country Office
- Lead the office in the delivery of operational goals.
- Finalize the annual work plan and budget and oversee the implementation, including providing direction, guidance and technical support.
- Oversee and approve programme work plans and monitor the overall progress and compliance of the CO.
- Manage the preparation of UN Women mandated country reports.
- Manage the audit review process and timely response to audit reports.
- Provide managerial direction, guidance and leadership.
- Ensure effective workforce planning and timely recruitments.
- Manage the performance of personnel under their supervision.
- Provide ongoing performance and career development feedback, timely completion of performance assessments and coaching.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in development related disciplines, economics or public policy or other social science fields is required.
- First-level University Degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Project/Programme Management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
- 10 year’s of progressively responsible development experience that combines strategic and managerial leadership in development cooperation at the international level.
- Experience in gender and women’s issues programming, at the international level, preferably in developing countries within the UN system, Agencies, Funds or Programmes or UN Mission.
- Field based experience working with multi-cultural teams.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- Working knowledge of another UN official language will be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.