Deadline: 24 December 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief Communication for Development in Bamako, Mali.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Chief Communication for Development will perform following functions-
- Conduct, participate and manage a comprehensive C4D situation analysis of social, cultural, communication, economic and political issues in the country/region.
- Collaborate with, advise and consult internal partners and external partners to design evidence-based strategies and formulate, produce and test materials to organize C4D events and activities to ensure community engagement and participation, maximum outreach and impact on behavioral and social change.
- Collaborate with internal CO, RO and HQ colleagues to provide expert advise on the development of evidence-based strategies, approaches, policies and the planning of C4D social and resource mobilization initiatives in support of programmes/projects implementation and delivery of results.
- Identify, build and maintain partnerships through networking and proactive collaboration with strategic partners, e.g. academia; research and implementing organizations; media and communication networks; celebrities; journalists; media ; all sectors/levels of society, and critical audiences to reinforce cooperation and pursue opportunities for C4D advocacy to promote UNICEF’s mission and goals for child rights, social equity and inclusiveness.
- Organize/implement capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders/government and non-government partners in evidence-based C4D planning, implementation and evaluation in support of programmes/projects.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: social development programme planning, communication for development, public advocacy or another related area.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.