Deadline: 2 December 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Education in Beijing, China. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Chief of Education will lead a team of 15 highly competent staff and consultants to develop and manage the education programme in collaboration with other programme sectors, and with government and key development partners.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief of Education will perform following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Lead, coordinate and supervise the implementation of education programmes / projects in China.
- Monitor work progress and ensure results are achieved according to schedule and performance standards.
- Ensure that the priorities and goals established for the education programme during the MTR are adequately implemented in the programme plans and in line with UNICEF’s overall strategic plans and national priorities.
- Supervise team members by providing them with clear objectives, goals, direction, and guidance to enable them to perform their duties effectively and efficiently.
- Monitor programmes and projects to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential problems and take timely decisions to resolve issues.
- Plan, approve, monitor, certify, and control the use of programme resources certifying & verifying compliance with organizational rules, regulations and procedures, donor commitments and standards of accountability and integrity.
- Prepare and submit programme and project reports to donors and other partners to keep them informed on programme progress and critical issues.
- Participate in discussions to influence policy and agenda setting by advising on and advocating strategies and approaches to promote universal access to equitable and inclusive education for children in China.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: education, economics, psychology, sociology or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education at the international level is required.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered an asset.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- A demonstrable level of experience at strategic management level and of team leadership
- Strong management and coordination skills in a complex multi-organizational setting
- Drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work
- Interpersonal and motivational skills; capacity to build team spirit and bring diverse teams to deliver on shared results
- Compelling communication skills, fluently and confidently gathering and expressing and writing opinions and information
- Sensitivity to cultural nuances
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of Mandarin would be valuable, but is not essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.