Deadline: 25 April 2020
Global Communities is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Party in Kenya.
Global Communities mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Chief of Party will perform the following functions-
- Manage and mentor a team of local professional staff in the implementation of project activities.
- Ensure that program goals and objectives are achieved on time and within budget.
- Serve as the principal liaison with USAID, various Government of Kenya representatives, and Global Communities headquarters staff. S/he will ensure that all donor and other sponsoring organization compliance and reporting requirements are met fully and in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Kenya subcontracted NGO partners, civil society organizations, local governments, and the private sector to ensure sound implementation of activities funded by USAID.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Kenya youth servicing systems including youth savings and credit cooperative organizations, YALI alumni, the Global Give Back Circle, and other key youth organizations.
- Foster partnerships between U.S. and Kenyan higher education institutions (to include universities, polytechnics, technical and vocational education and training institutes (TVETs), and vocational training centers (VTCs)) to develop their capacity to generate and use data to expand evidence-based and evidence-producing programs, practices, and policies related to youth.
- Improve youth opportunities and employment connecting youth programming to high-growth or high-potential sectors and associated value chains and through demand-driven models of engagement with the private sector.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Graduate Degree in a relevant field such as education, international development, non-profit management.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 2 year’s of work experience (in addition to the 8 year’s of experience required below).
- 8 year’s of relevant experience in leading programs focused on research, youth services, workforce development, livelihoods, and/or private sector development, with at least 4 of those in Kenya or countries similar to Kenya.
- Strong experience building relationships with Kenya institutions of higher learning preferred.
- Demonstrated success working at the community level assessing challenges, creating and implementing solutions and achieving measurable results in development projects
- Experience managing donor funded programs of similar size and complexity is required.
- USAID experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience utilizing CLA (Collaborating, Learning and Adapting) approaches is strongly preferred.
- Nationality of Kenya.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter through online process.
For more information, visit Global Communities.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.