Deadline: 30 October 2019
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Advisor in Sanaa, Yemen. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Education Advisor will support all education program teams and ensure that all Education / Education in Emergencies (EiE) programming is of excellent technical quality, attracts significant donor funding and contributes significantly to Save the Children’s strategic objectives, national/global learning and advocacy.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Advisor will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- General management:
- Contribute to a conducive and productive work environment, characterized by enthusiasm, ambition, hard work and due process.
- Contribute to the wider country programme agenda.
- Participate actively in PDQ meetings, planning and review activities, providing enhanced insight into education programming.
- Programme Quality:
- Assist PMs in developing program implementation plan and procurement plan.
- Provide, or obtain from members/external sources, appropriate high level technical support on methods and practices (training, tools)to be rolled out within Education / Emergency Education programming.
- Ensure recognized international best practices and Save the Children policies are applied in the work with children; promote the safe participation of children in our programmes.
- Improve/strengthen the coordination of Save the Children’s work with the Ministry of Education.
With the Programme Manager and Awards Management Unit, ensure reports to donors are of the highest quality, that there is alignment between the narrative and financial, and that they are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Lead the development, design and analysis of continuous assessments of Education and cross-sectoral needs in schools and communities, and ensure that these are appropriately reflected in sectoral strategies and programmes design and development.
- Programme Development:
- Grow Save the Children’s Education portfolio sustainably and strategically, consistent with the Country Strategy, Save the Children’s Education Breakthrough, and the needs of children in Yemen.
- Ensure updated and accurate information for use in program development.
- Coordinate with proposal development team on identifying new opportunities.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL):
- Lead the roll-out of the Quality Learning Environment Framework across the country programme, embedding into program development, design and accountability.
- Ensure that field office based databases and data flow processes from point of collection-ainputting-analysis-feedback are standardized and robust, in tracking students, teacher and parent beneficiary in programming.
- Ensure program products and learning are maintained within the Save the Children country program.
- Lead on education or multi-sectoral technical assessments in coordination with other SC thematic areas and/or other external sector agencies, ensuring assessment findings are documented and that all assessments include a specific analysis of children’s needs.
- Provide technical checking of health strategies, assessments and programs as necessary, and proactively promote high quality health technical approaches within country programs.
- Developing Strategy and Thematic Plan:
- Develop and update the Category 1 Education strategy and thematic plan, Emergency prepradness plans, Master Budget in line with the country strategic plan and evolving context.
- Engage PMs and field colleagues in the process of developing or updating strategy and thematic plan, with the goal of needs based, responsive education programming.
Applicant must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Education professional with a Master’s Degree in education or equivalent.
- Significant (at least 7 years) professional experience of working at a senior advisory level in education for international NGOs in complex settings such as Yemen.
- Substantial progressive, professional-level experience at the management level with background in early childhood education and primary education.
- Previous experience in Yemen and/or the Middle East Region is preffered.
- Experience in promoting and mainstreaming Child Rights Based programming in education programme design, implementation and evaluation.
- Strong commitment to capacity building of national staff and partners with willingness to adopt participatory and consultative approaches.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Ability to perform at a senior policy level must be demonstrable, and good communication, advocacy and leadership skills are critical.
- Fluency in English and preferable Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.