Deadline: 21 September 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Cluster Coordinator in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The Education Cluster Coordinator will be responsible to support education cluster structures at the national and regional levels for the efficient management and delivery of humanitarian responses.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Cluster Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Effectively use and transfer information to, from and between cluster participants and other stakeholders.
- Represent the Education Cluster within bi-monthly inter-cluster coordination meetings chaired by UNOCHA.
- Lead the Ministry of Education, Planning and Resource Mobilizations Director and cluster partners in drafting/revising an annual Education Cluster Response plan.
- Maintain ‘5W’ mapping of education sector humanitarian interventions.
- Support drafting of resource mobilization documents, drawing on analysis of humanitarian situation to ensure proposals are focused and relevant.
- Identification of areas requiring inter-cluster partnerships and designing of interventions as required (WASH, Child Protection, Health, Nutrition, etc).
- Promote across education cluster partners community level consultative and feedback mechanisms.
- Monitor performance of the core cluster functions and report to UNICEF, Save the Children, Ministry of Education and Cluster Partners on progress as against targets.
- Ensure effective communication, reporting, engagement and coordination between the national and the regional levels.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in a subject area relevant to the education cluster coordination’s needs; education, primary education, teacher training or social sciences.
- Extensive work experience relevant to this post may be considered as a replacement for formal qualifications.
- Formal training in cluster coordination required.
- At least 8 years progressively responsible humanitarian work experience with UN and/or NGO, including programme management and/or coordination in the first phase of a major emergency response relevant to the cluster.
- Minimum 5 years specific substantive and technical experience in inter-agency coordination, needs assessment, policy development, strategy formulation, programme planning and monitoring & evaluation in crisis and post-crisis settings.
- Extensive work experience outside the humanitarian sector which is relevant to this post may be considered as a replacement for humanitarian experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required for this post.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.