Deadline: 21 November 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Coordinator in Gao, Mali. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Education Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of the activities of the Education Program in the Regions of Gao and Ménaka.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Education Coordinator will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Manage and supervise field project personnel.
- Ashed and follows NRC policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of the strategy, the proposals and gives an opinion on the needs, including the returns on the questions and technical requests of the Specialist Education.
- Manage and implement the portfolio of projects (activities, budget and project documentation) delegated by the PM in accordance with the proposals (proposals), strategies and requirements of the donors and ensuring optimal quality.
- Regularly reports to the PM on the progress of projects by submitting written reports.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries according to the criteria defined by the proposal, including those who have the greatest need for protection, and assess new and better ways of providing assistance.
- Encourage and is proactive in the improvement of activities and any associated changes.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer of key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with local authorities and other stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of IDPs / returnees in accordance with the advocacy strategy.
- Train and supervise his team.
- Follow-up of activities by regular visits to the construction / rehabilitation sites of school centers and ensure the respect of deadlines.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position in an international NGO, preferably in an emergency or post-conflict context.
- Have at least 1 (Bachelor’s +4) in Education Science, Social Science or all related fields.
- Previous work experience in complex and unstable contexts.
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel Proven skills in presentation, training and facilitation.
- Good knowledge of English a strong added value.
- Nationality of Mali.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.