Deadline: 21 November 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Coordinator in Gao, Mali. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Education Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of the activities of the Education Program in the Regions of Gao and Ménaka.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Education Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Manage and supervise field project personnel.
- Ashed and follows NRC policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of the strategy, the proposals and gives an opinion on the needs, including the returns on the questions and technical requests of the Specialist Education.
- Manage and implement the portfolio of projects (activities, budget and project documentation) delegated by the PM in accordance with the proposals (proposals), strategies and requirements of the donors and ensuring optimal quality.
- Regularly reports to the PM on the progress of projects by submitting written reports.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries according to the criteria defined by the proposal, including those who have the greatest need for protection, and assess new and better ways of providing assistance.
- Encourage and is proactive in the improvement of activities and any associated changes.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer of key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with local authorities and other stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of IDPs / returnees in accordance with the advocacy strategy.
- Train and supervise his team.
- Follow-up of activities by regular visits to the construction / rehabilitation sites of school centers and ensure the respect of deadlines.
Applicants must have:
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position in an international NGO, preferably in an emergency or post-conflict context.
- Have at least 1 (Bachelor’s +4) in Education Science, Social Science or all related fields.
- Previous work experience in complex and unstable contexts.
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel Proven skills in presentation, training and facilitation.
- Good knowledge of English a strong added value.
- Nationality of Mali.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.