Deadline: 23 October 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Coordinator in Kaya, Burkina Faso. The duration of this post is 3 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Education Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, tools, manuals and guidelines for education.
- Overall management of project staff.
- Coordinate and manage the implementation of education projects (project activities and documentation) in line with donor proposals, strategies and requirements.
- Provide capacity building for project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent the NRC in relevant fora / groups / working groups.
- Promote the rights of Internally Displaced People (IDPs) / returnees in accordance with the advocacy strategy.
- Assume the leadership of the national team in starting the project activities.
- Support and technical support to the development of the staffs in their roles and responsibilities at work.
- Identify the priorities, problems and challenges related to the implementation of the project.
- Develop technical tools and documents to implement this new project.
- Ensure collaboration with other core competencies, support services and senior management.
- Support and Support Education project to help identify stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Evaluate and analyze the context, identify the constraints, opportunities and priorities of adolescents and young people.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of education in a humanitarian context.
- Work experience in complex and volatile contexts.
- Expertise in education and training of young people.
- Knowledge of leadership / profile skills.
- Proficiency in written and oral French.
- Strong ability to lead the implementation of projects.
- Experience in monitoring and analysis in education, with the ability to design and adapt tools to the context.
- Experience in conducting multisectoral assessments and analyzes.
- Ability to work closely with other staff in the field and in all sectors.
- High level of communication, representation, flexibility and negotiation.
- Nationality of Burkina Faso.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.