Deadline: 23 October 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Coordinator in Kaya, Burkina Faso. The duration of this post is 3 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Education Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, tools, manuals and guidelines for education.
- Overall management of project staff.
- Coordinate and manage the implementation of education projects (project activities and documentation) in line with donor proposals, strategies and requirements.
- Provide capacity building for project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent the NRC in relevant fora / groups / working groups.
- Promote the rights of Internally Displaced People (IDPs) / returnees in accordance with the advocacy strategy.
- Assume the leadership of the national team in starting the project activities.
- Support and technical support to the development of the staffs in their roles and responsibilities at work.
- Identify the priorities, problems and challenges related to the implementation of the project.
- Develop technical tools and documents to implement this new project.
- Ensure collaboration with other core competencies, support services and senior management.
- Support and Support Education project to help identify stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Evaluate and analyze the context, identify the constraints, opportunities and priorities of adolescents and young people.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of education in a humanitarian context.
- Work experience in complex and volatile contexts.
- Expertise in education and training of young people.
- Knowledge of leadership / profile skills.
- Proficiency in written and oral French.
- Strong ability to lead the implementation of projects.
- Experience in monitoring and analysis in education, with the ability to design and adapt tools to the context.
- Experience in conducting multisectoral assessments and analyzes.
- Ability to work closely with other staff in the field and in all sectors.
- High level of communication, representation, flexibility and negotiation.
- Nationality of Burkina Faso.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.