Deadline: 12 January 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Coordinator in Tyre, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Education Coordinator will be responsible for implementing the delegated Education project portfolio within South area and managing the day to day activities of Education related field staff to ensure proper delivery, high quality results and compliance to applicable laws, standards, practices, policies and procedures in coordination with the Education Project Manager.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Education Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Provide the Education Project Manager with quality regular reports on project implementation, status, identified issues and activities to be shared with donors and ensure regular monitoring of project implementation using developed tools.
- Oversee the delivery of agreed outputs and quality of the Education activities and work closely with the staff members to set and monitor objectives and work plans to ensure activities are implemented in accordance with overall project objectives.
- Ensure proper documentation and filing of Education related documents.
- Manage the performance of relevant Education staff, set objectives, monitor work plans, and provide constructive feedback on a regular basis.
- Provide project and area specific information to the Education Project Manager for proposal development.
- Conduct frequent field visits to learning centres and educational sites to ensure that services are delivered as per NRC standards and to collect feedbacks from beneficiaries, teachers, etc.
- Lead necessary assessments to identify gaps, assess areas of interventions with the support of the Education Project Manager.
- Ensure the monitoring and evaluation plan is undertaken in a timely and effective manner in coordination with the education Project Manager and M&E unit.
- Manage the direct costs of budget, including the preparation, monitoring and updating of financial work plans, ensuring resources are managed effectively.
- Ensure the Education database is updated with all beneficiaries’ information and validate consistency of data sets between the education database and NRC’s reporting system.
- Ensure adherence to NRC procedures when recruiting teachers.
- Manage the achievement of beneficiaries’ satisfaction through the effective delivery of projects.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social studies or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 year’s of relevant job experience in a similar role, preferably within the humanitarian sector.
- Knowledge of relevant concepts of international refugee and human rights law and understanding of protection principles.
- Significant understanding of Lebanon’s humanitarian, political and socio-economic context, and main challenges affecting refugees in Lebanon.
- Proven experience in implementing Education programmes, coordinating activities, and liaising with external actors.
- Experience managing Learning Centers and Outreach programmes in Informal Settlements.
- Experience establishing parents’ committees and working with a community based approach.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and verbal.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.