Deadline: 21 November 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Coordinator in Tyre, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 6 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Education Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to the Education strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps.
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of Education projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from the line manager in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality.
- Provide regular reports to the Project Manager on project implementation.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities.
- Supervise the Education team, ensure their capacity building and transfer key skills.
- Provide the Education Project Manager with quality regular reports on project implementation, status, identified issues and activities to be shared with donors and ensure regular monitoring of project implementation using developed tools.
- Ensure proper documentation and filing of Education related documents.
- Manage the performance of relevant Education staff, set objectives, monitor work plans, and provide constructive feedback on a regular basis.
- Provide project and area specific information to the Education Project Manager for proposal development.
- Conduct frequent field visits to learning centres and educational sites to ensure that services are delivered as per NRC standards and to collect feedbacks from beneficiaries, teachers, etc.
- Manage the direct costs of budget, including the preparation, monitoring and updating of financial work plans, ensuring resources are managed effectively.
- Ensure the Education database is updated with all beneficiaries information and validate consistency of data sets between the education database and NRC’s reporting system.
- Manage the achievement of beneficiaries satisfaction through the effective delivery of projects.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social studies or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant job experience in a similar role, preferably within the humanitarian sector.
- Proven experience in implementing Education programmes, coordinating activities, and liaising with external actors.
- Experience managing Learning Centers and Outreach programmes in Informal Settlements.
- Experience establishing parents’ committees and working with a community based approach.
- Knowledge of relevant concepts of international refugee and human rights law and understanding of protection principles.
- Significant understanding of Lebanon’s humanitarian, political and socio-economic context, and main challenges affecting refugees in Lebanon.
- Knowledge of the Education context (gaps and needs) in South Lebanon.
- Knowledge of curriculum development and adaptation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and verbal.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.