Deadline: 17 April 2019
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education in Emergency Officer in Maroua, Cameroon.
The Education in Emergency Officer is responsible for Education in Emergency activities effective implementation in the filed in accordance with Plan’s emergency child protection response in the Far North Region of Cameroon.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education in Emergency Officer will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Organize and support the community partners involved in the recovery process.
- Support potential partnerships identification to implement Education recommendations, assess potential partners where available or make recommendations on how to fill gaps.
- Program Design
- Participate in the data collect with Plan management for the writing of concept papers, proposals and budgets for education activities.
- Contribute to ensure that issues of gender, education, DRR, conflict sensitivity and Plan’s guidelines and international Child protection standards are considered in the data collect for the program design.
- Response Management and Implementation
- Update inventory of ECCD materials and report on need for additional items.
- Support the organization of pedagogic activities, through model and collective lessons with animators and local Basic Education Ministry in Minawao camp.
- Support the timely and quality implementation and monitoring of the project activities.
- Organize and supervise sensitization activities on education in the Minawao camp.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Make frequent field visits to all affected areas to monitor implementation of education activities, identify and report opportunities and constraints and any adjustments needed.
- Ensure child protection policy of Plan International Cameroon is respected and all concerns reported.
- Ensure adequate reporting of Education activities as per donor and programme requirements.
- Collect data and reports from the ECCD Animators and prepare and submit on weekly to the Project coordinator the reports of activities.
- Information and Co-ordination
- Contribute in the reporting of Education activities as per donor and programme requirements, particularly in the UNHCR Project implementation. Provide regular updates to the Project Coordinator on activities implementation.
- Represent Plan at the weekly sectoral and other coordination meetings.
- Human Resources and Administration
- Supervise and ensure strong coordination of the ECCD animators and Education field Animator.
- Participate in the training and briefing of ECCD animators and Education Field Animator and other key stakeholders on Education and/or related issues.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Degree in Education, social sciences or related field with good knowledge of Education Principles and INEE standards.
- Minimum 1 successful assignment in an emergency situation/context.
- Good knowledge and understanding of humanitarian principles and established international child protection standards is an asset.
- Proven professional experience in education, child protection, humanitarian affairs, human rights, and related fields.
- Practical and relevant experience of operating in emergency.
- Ability to speak one of the local languages (Haoussa, Kanouri) is an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in the Far North of Cameroon is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Plan International.