Deadline: 3 July 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Officer in Mtendeli, Tanzania. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Education Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure that education department has up to date, accurate data and analyse such data appropriately to the needs of the departmentPromote and share ideas for improvement.
- Implement delegated education project portfolio according to plan of action (according strategy, proposals, budgets, plans and donor requirements).
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Coordinate with relevant partners within the Education sector and represent NRC at camp relevant meetings.
- Implement delegated Education project portfolio according to plan of action (according to strategy, proposals, budgets, plans and donor requirements).
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities.
- Support the implementation of NRC’s Education programme policy through working with programme management.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Degree in Education or higher diploma with experience of working in construction/shelter sector.
- Proven practical experience in the planning and execution of education, rehabilitation / construction projects for at least 3 year’s mostly in humanitarian assistance.
- Ability to initiate, develop, plan and implement an integrated programme.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information.
- Participate actively in supervisory and appraisal process.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations (minority groups, PSN etc).
- Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity issues into Education Programming.
- Nationality of Tanzania.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.