Deadline: 3 September 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education officer in Damascus, Syria. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Education Officer will Contribute to the planning, preparation, coordination, successful implementation and results based monitoring and evaluation of Education programme activities and Coordinate with other DRC sectors (Shelter, Protection and Livelihoods) to deliver high quality integrated services. Coordinate with other Education sector partners (MoE, INGOs etc.) to ensure that education priorities are met and quality services are provided.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education officer will perform the following functions:
- Contribute, under the Education PM’s supervisions, to Education project goals, objectives, detailed work plans, budget trackers, and relevant project implementation tools.
- Provide administrative support throughout all stages of programming processes, including preparation and submission of POs, PRs, travel requests, and other tasks.
- Prepare required documentations/materials to participate in the grants review meetings.
- Update internal project level work-plans and budget trackers, address challenges and make project revisions.
- Conduct education need assessments, including planning and analysis, collect project data and support results-based planning, monitoring and evaluation results.
- Conduct monitoring programme activities through field visits, surveys and focus group discussions with education stakeholders, including communities.
- Coordinate with PDQ team.
- Collect and analyze education related data, keep up to date records of activity implementation progress, records of distributions and records of training activities.
- Generate internal and external reports in a timely manner and verify compliance against the approved project proposal, work plan, organizational rules, regulations/procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity.
- Document and report on challenges/issues identified to ensure timely resolution by management/stakeholders.
- Follow up on unresolved issues to ensure resolution.
- Coordinate with Project Assistants and Field Assistants through remote daily follow up of activities, provide instructions and guidance to implement activities and collect reports and information as required.
- Participate in Education Sector meetings in Damascus to collaborate on intra-agency education planning and activities.
- Represent DRC’s mission and activities.
- Assist in building effective sound working partnerships with government counterparts through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate programme implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve and sustain results on education programs.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Sciences or related technical field.
- Minimum 2 years progressively responsible professional experience in Education programme design, administration, financial monitoring, and monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Experience in coordinating teams face to face and remotely.
- Experience in delivering trainings and/or mentoring/coaching teachers/facilitators in public and private schools, community centres, learning spaces etc.
- Experience in contributing to designing/revising and developing education training materials/ programmes for children and teachers.
- Good command of both English and Arabic languages.
- Nationality of Syria.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.