Deadline: 24 April 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Officer in Badghis, Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 8 months.
The Education Officer will help implement and monitor NRC’s Education Projects in Badghis Province and it’s all districts.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Officer will perform the following functions:
- Management of project staff.
- Implement plan of action for delegated portfolio of CC Education projects (activities, budget and project documentation).
- Day to day follow of progress in project implementation.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies CC tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local authorities and stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Take the leadership in the design, implementation and M&E of Accelerated Learning Program (ALP) Community Based Education (CBE) and Education in Emergency ( EiE) and technical components of the projects.
- Capacity building of Education staff in ALP, CBE and EIE related issues
- Ensuring accountable data base for Education project according to all the components of project and regular update of date collection.
- Support Education PM and Education PC in overall implementation of Components of the project.
- Take the lead and coordinate with HR/Finance on the recruitments, contracts, payments of CBWs.
- Coordinate with logistic for the development and update of Procurement Plan.
- Community mobilization: engaging the community in activities, establishing Community Advisory Boards and in facilitating the community understanding of the overall project .
- Any other task as assigned by Education PM/PC/HoO.
Applicants must have:
- University degree/ Certification/ Diploma within Education / Management/ Development.
- Experience from working an Education project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context in Kunduz
- Knowledge of the local language Dari, Uzbek, Pashto – if different than English.
- Experience in teacher training and Training of Trainers.
- Knowledge of ALP, CBE, EIE and life skills.
- Experience in Education in Emergencies is an advantage.
- Experience in logistics and administrative management.
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.