Deadline: 19 September 2018
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Officer in Bekaa, Lebanon.
The Education Officer is responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of the Education program in the Bekaa through organizing and delivering Education activities in line with NRC’s strategy and standards.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Officer will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate the Education activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements.
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities.
- Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans.
- Coordinate with relevant partners.
- Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures.
- Supervise, train and develop team.
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents as required.
- Investigate and facilitate introduction of new technology, methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities.
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and reports any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field.
- 2-3 year’s experience from working in Education field as a teacher or trainer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector.
- Strong documentation, research and report writing skills.
- Knowledge and experience in child protection issues.
- Experience in designing and presenting training and participatory programs.
- Experience in community sensitization/ mobilization.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.