Deadline: 13 May 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Officer (Database) in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 12 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Officer will perform the following functions:
- Develop and implement the database system for the Education programme.
- Work closely with the Education Coordinators and the Education PDM, other donor agencies to ensure that data collected for NRC’s programme activities is processed and analysed in relation to Programme objectives.
- Verify entered data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or re-entering data; combining data from multiple systems when information is incomplete; purging files to eliminate duplication of data.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Redesign and maintain the project’s online filing system to ensure that data and updated information is archived for easy access and reference, in cooperation with donor agencies.
- Undertake community visits with field staff, when required.
- Train field staff on data collection and on monitoring.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Strongly prefer a university degree in computer science or other relevant field.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with databases and data collection platforms, including writing of quantitative and/or qualitative reports.
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Office, Excel, SQL, Access etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of the work of education programmes
- Experience working with databases in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Good knowledge of English & Rohingya Language.
- Strongly prefer proven experience developing and maintaining mobile data collection platforms.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methods.
- Pro-activeness and willingness to learn.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.