Deadline: 17 August 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Officer in Ukhiya, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 12 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Officer will perform following functions:
- Implement successful youth programming in refugee and host communities.
- Supervise Education Assistants and provide support to them in line with program objectives.
- Regularly travel to the camps to support education activities.
- Building the capacity of facilitators and other field staff through training and contributing to the contextualization of training and learning material.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Make decisions on the ground with limited or remote supervision.
- Provide support to NRC activities in line with NRC quality standards.
- Support Coordinator with field level training’s and liaise with partner NGOs.
Applicants must have:
- University and/or advanced degree preferred in education or related area.
- Experience in the field of education, youth, life skills or child protection.
- Knowledge of verbal and written English and Bangla; Rohingya or local language an asset.
- Solid computer skills, including MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Previous experience supervising teams.
- Understanding of the role of education in meeting the needs of Host Community/refugee populations.
- Understanding of SPHERE and/or INEE minimum standards.
- Experience working with children and/or educators; government experience a plus.
- Experience training or building the capacity of others.
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts; ability to remain calm and professional in tense situations.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.