Deadline : 28 February 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Officer in Buea and Bamenda, Cameroon.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Education Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support to program development planning
- Contribute to the preparation and updating of the situation analysis for the development, design and management of education in emergency related programs / projects in the SW Region of Cameroon.
- Contribute to the development and establishment of sectorial program goals, objectives and strategies and results-based planning through research, collection, analysis and reporting of education and other related information such as community engagement, stakeholder acceptance for development planning and goal setting in the SW context.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Contribute to the development of partnership through establishment of Partnership Cooperation Agreements (PCAs), Humanitarian Program Documents (HPD) and Small-Scale Funding Agreement (SSFA) and ensure their implementation based on UNICEF HACT procedures.
- Monitor partnerships, implementation and reporting in accordance to objectives and deliverables set out in the PCAs, HPDs and SSFA, based on the section Annual Work Plan and on the developments of the humanitarian assistance in SW, develop and update quarterly disbursement plans of funds for implementing partners in conformity with HACT procedures; conduct programmatic visit and support spot check.
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Undertake field visits and surveys and share information with stakeholders to assess progress and refer to relevant officials for resolution.
- Report on critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems for timely action to achieve results.
- Contribute to the implementation of Formal and Non-Formal learning opportunities on favor of the school aged children and OSSC in the SW (Radio Education Programming, mobile reading and Education in Emergency (EiE) formal package).
- Networking and partnership building
- In close collaboration with Child Protection (CP) and UN agencies, contribute to the identification of victims of attacks and participate to the delivery of assistance to victims (victim centered EiE response, provision of WASH kits and referral to CP/Health services).
- Contribute through the identification of key emerging humanitarian issues, needs and risks to feed UNICEF implementation strategy in the NW/SW context.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Contribute to identifying, capturing, synthesizing, and sharing lessons learned for knowledge development and capacity development of stakeholders.
- Apply innovative approaches and promote good practice to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable program results.
- Research and report on best and cutting-edge practices for development planning of knowledge products and systems for communication and advocacy purpose.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required: education, psychology, sociology, communication or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 2 year’s of professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required.
- Experience working in emergency setting is highly recommended.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English and Pidgin is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the NW / SW regions of Cameroon is considered as an asset.
- Nationality of Cameroon.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.