Deadline: 9 February 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Officer in Bujumbura, Burundi.
The Education Officer is responsible to provides professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for education programmes/projects within the Country Programme from development planning to delivery of results, preparing, executing, managing and implementing a variety of technical and administrative programme.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Officer will perform following functions-
- Support education Programmes mapping, implementation monitoring and delivery of results
- Contribute to the preparation and updating of the situation analysis for the development, design and management of education related programmes/projects.
- Research and report on development trends (economic, social, health etc.) and data for use in programme development, management, monitoring, evaluation and delivery of results.
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Undertake field visits and surveys and share information with stakeholders to assess progress and refer to relevant officials for resolution.
- Report on critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems for timely action to achieve results.
- Pay particular attention to the smooth implementation of GPE and WB funded programmes.
- Networking, partnership building and sector coordination
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate programme implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve and sustain results on education programmes.
- Draft communication and information materials for CO programme advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnerships and alliances, and support fund raising for education programmes.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Contribute to identifying, capturing, synthesizing, and sharing lessons learned for knowledge development and capacity development of stakeholders.
- Apply innovative approaches and promote good practice to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable programme results.
Applicants must have-
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: education, psychology, sociology or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is re-experience.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in French is required.
- Working Knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.